Post Graduate Diploma in Management - Retail
Post Graduate Diploma in Management
In this ICE (Information, Communication and Entertainment) age, the whole concept of shopping has changed in terms of format and consumer buying behavior. Rapid urbanization and sprawling shopping malls, multi formats of retail stores and multiplexes are coming up at high pace in every city, and retailing has thus grown into the one of the biggest sectors in the global economy. At present, the retail sector is a pulsating industry contributing to the economic growth of many countries across the globe. The retail market is becoming a well-conceived and organized sector, as the number of MNCs entering the industry are increasing by the day and employment is sure to knock in various segments and at different levels.
The retail industry is a people-oriented business. The enormous expansion in the Indian retail sector during the past few years has created a big vacuum in the demand and supply for skilled professionals in the field. It is an industry looking for people at all levels, from the secretarial staff with basic skills, to the well-qualified supply chain and retail management professionals. As the retail industry is poised to become the next burgeoning frontier, and the retail corporations are ready to take the center stage globally, a multitude of opportunities in various capacities have lined up for qualified and skilled retailers.
These insights have led to an innovative and fitting course design of the PG Diploma in Retail Management. The program emphasizes skill development in strategic management, marketing, supply management, product and brand management, retail operations, merchandising, and personnel management, which are unique to the retail industry.
- The above course curriculum is subject to revision as per AICTE guidelines from time to time and as per industry updates.
- Exams would be conducted during the January and July exam cycles.
- Student will have to submit two assignments for each subject.
- Examinations carry 70% and assignments carry 30% weightage (passing criteria for both exam / assignments is 50/100).
|21 Months (18 + 3 months project work)||6 Months||2 Years 3 Months|
|Fee Option||Installment I||Installment II||Installment III||Total Fee|
|Installment||₹ 22,000||₹ 22,000||₹ 22,000||₹ 66,000|
* Study Material will provided to the students in the form of hard copy of books, but the students who opt for soft copy only of the books will be eligible for a discount of Rs. 2500/- in their tution fees.
Fee Structure For NRI Students
|Fee Option||Installment I||Installment II||Total Fee|
|Installment||$ 1,000||$ 1,000||$ 2,000|
- Alumni– up to 25% in course fees.
- Defence personnel- up to 30% in course fees.
- Specially Abled- up to 20% in course fees.
- Students are required to pay additional exam fee per exam per attempt. For installments
- The first instalment needs to be paid at the time of admission.
- Second Installment needs to be paid within 3 months from the date of admission.
- Third Installment needs to be paid within 6 months from the date of admission
The PG Diploma in Retail Management is aimed at preparing you to take advantage of the growing opportunities to make successful careers in retail and related fields.
A plethora of job openings is available in roles namely,
- Customer Service Manager
- Retail Manager
- Inventory Manager
- Operational Manager
- Store Manager
- Supply Chain Distributor
- Marketing Manager
- Warehouse Manager
- Brand Manager
- Merchandise Manager
- Department Manager